Friday 8 May 2009

Brief fading moment of glory

Not related to film in any way, except as an anecdote.

When I was 15 in 1993, the school gave a quiz for us to answer, with around 50 questions.

Me and a friend, having nothing better to do, diligently worked on it. A lot of the answers came from visiting relatives (it could have been at Christmas time).

The 'boo hiss bad guy' in this story later went to Cambridge and along with a fellow very-clever-guy competed with us (though they didn't know we were working on it).

Guess who won? Not the bad guy, but US! Me and my friend.

I'm proud of adding to my mythology, that I was absent when they announced I'd won the quiz! It was like being a Bond villain.

We collected 25 UK Pounds, halved it, and I bought a ZX Spectrum +3 with my money!

And since then I haven't been able to shut up about it.

No comments: